At Woodview Family Doctors we have an all inclusive holistic approach to the provision of medical care.
Medical care is also available to anyone visiting from an EU country holding a valid EU health insurance card or a visitor from the UK with a valid NHS card.
Our Fees are as follows (effective 1/01/2019)
- Routine consultation €60
- Consultation and blood test €80
- Follow up consultation €40
- Mirena coil
- Initial consultation and counselling €60
- Mirena (fitting & follow up) €140
- Check at 6 weeks covered in insertion fee
- Mirena removal €70
- Mirena removal & insertion €170
- Implanon (insertion only) €110
- Removal €130
- Removal and re-insertion (same day) €170
- Travel Vaccination €60 plus the cost of vaccines (see Travel section)
- Pre-Employment Medical €90
- Enduring Power of Attorney and/or Power of Attorney (all patients) €120
- Passport Form (all patients) €20
- Non Medical letters (all patients) €20
- Eye Test (all patients) €60
- Sexual health screening €90
Please note that repeat prescriptions are provided free of charge unless a check up is required in which case a consultation fee is charged.
It is clearly defined under the General Medical Services contract the medical care available to a patient with a valid Medical Card (GMS) or Doctor Visit Card (DVC).
Items not covered by medical card
There are certain consultations which are not part of the medical card scheme.
– INR warfarin blood checks
– Eyesight/driving license report
– Passport Form
– Non medical letters
– Sports club pre-membership medicals
– Travel Vaccinations
– Vaccinations not covered under the National Childhood Immunization programme
– Adult & Paediatric Phlebotomy (Blood Tests) There is a €10 charge for a blood test for a patient with a Medical Card and/or Doctor Visit Card.
– For all children under 6 registered with the D.V.C. Scheme, a full consultation fee will apply for a blood test as this service is not covered by this scheme. Blood tests are free of charge at the hospital and please inquire at reception for further information.
– Insurance or Medical Reports
-Medical examinations for legal purposes
* Please contact reception for a full list of items not covered and for the associated fee.